The theme for Young Women's Camp this year is "How the West was One"... So basically cowboy...er... girl and western themed. I had so much fun creating with this theme. One of my favorite things were the cowprint treat bags I created with white lunch sacks.
I used some plain white lunch sacks that I bought at Target. I then cut out two different sizes (large and small)of cow blotches from some Cut-N- Dry stamp pad foam that I had. I just free handed it, no patterns needed.
Then I started by trying to use a freshly inked black stamp pad to stamp the blotches on with, but it really didn't get a dark enough image. So I switched to black acrylic paint. I just used a foam brush and brushed black acrylic paint onto my two stamps. I stamped it onto the white bag fronts, rotating the shape's orientation as I moved upward. After the front dried I flipped the bag over and stamped the back. The paper on the bags was really thin so once they were open they were rather flimsy and transparent which really washed out the black spots. So I added a second bag inside for better color and more durability.
Once I finished the bags, I filled them and made a cute tag for the front, added a large eyelet and put some twine through it to attach it to the bag. The bags were tied shut with some calico type fabric I had. I just snipped at the top of the fabric then ripped down the strip to give me an unfinished, raw edge.
I just loved the finished product!
Okay, so now you may be wondering what is inside these little bags.... Well, that was half the fun too! I decided to put a bunch of Western and Camp themed snacks inside. Here is what I came up with:
In case you can't see everything clearly, here is what is inside: Fish Bait (Gummy Worms), Moose Droppings (whoppers), Smores (a mixture of Golden Grahms, Mini Marshmallows, and Milk Chocolate Chips), First Aid Kit (a bandaid and 2 kisses for their boo boos), Fire Logs (tootsie rolls), Lassos (rope type licorice), Bear Food (BitOHoney), Kindling (pretzel sticks) and a little note from us. Here is a picture of the note I included:
Okay that was camp project #1. Now here is a peek at Camp Project #2.
Each journal has about 30 pages... I cut the pages using my Dreamkuts Machine (by the makers of Bind It All). I never would have taken on such a project if I did not have that machine. I cut enough for 18 journals in about 35 minutes. AMAZING!
I mounted the patterned paper onto 2 chipboard square coasters to create the front and back covers.
Just thought I would share a fun detail. I used my really fine tipped sharp scissors to cut a fringe border on my brown cardstock strip. It gave it a fun fringed leather look. So Western!