Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cupcake Challenge #17

I have been a fan of Taylored Expressions (Taylor Van Bruggen) for a while now. I love her blog. Lots of fun stuff she shares there! I decided to do one of her cupcake challenges. Taylor posts a sketch and we all get to make something following the general outline of the sketch. I have been following her Cupcake Challenges for a while and today I thought I would give it a try!It was really fun!
I don't have many cupcake stamps but Taylor said it wasn't a requirement....


So I started flipping through my stamps and found this set by Close To My Heart. It has been ages since I have played around with this set and I had recently bought some Martha Stewart BLACK glitter and some pink little rhinestones... Well, they were just beggin to be glued down to something! So this is what I came up with:


I only wish you could see the bling a bit better.
The paper is all Close To My Heart as are most of the stamps. The hanger is made with silver craft wire and the boa is chenille Sassy Strands from Close To My Heart.
The pink ribbon is from Papertrey Ink along with the "frame" stamp that was used around the shoes. The pink rhinestones on the bottom shoe are from Heidi Grace and the pink bling flower on the top shoe is from Kaiser Scrapbooks.
All in all just a very fun GIRLY card. My two girls just loved it. I think it might have had something to do with all of the BLING!
Well hope you all enjoy.
-Alisha

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, WOW! I love the little shoes on the bottom left! What a great way to "embellish" this card! :)

Taylor said...

Sooo cute! I love the little shoes and the blingy dress! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Unknown said...

Oooh la la!!!

Love it Alisha!

:)

Erin

Laurel said...

Wow, that is an amazing card. I absolutely love it! I just may have to pull out my stamp set and see what I can come up with.

Sandra said...

I just started reading your blog! Love all the awesome artwork! I've added you to my list of CTMH sister blogs on my blog.
Sandra Tejeda
CTMH sister