Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Words about "These Is My Words"



For those of you reading my blog... stop (after you're done reading this post) and run (don't walk) and get this book: "These Is My Words" by Nancy E. Turner. Buy it, borrow it or steal it.... but GET IT! My mom had been telling me for months that I needed to read it. And everyone who read it raved about it. So now it is my turn to rave!

I absolutely LOVED this book! Couldn't put it down, literally! I stayed up til 1:30 am reading and then was back up at 6:00 am the next morning. I read it in about a 30 hour time span. And everyone I have leant it to has done the same.

So do I have your curiosity peaked? Are you wondering just what makes it so great? Well, first off I have to say that it has EVERYTHING you could want! Action, adventure, romance, danger, excitement, fun, laughter, heartache.... everything. And I have to say that the author handles many of the "mature content" scenes with such grace that you understand what is happening but don't feel like you are reading something graphic or offensive.

My favorite part of the book however has to be the main character! Sarah Agnes Prine! When I grow up I want to be her! She is a spunky, independent, hardworking, no-nonsense, "what ya see is what ya get" pioneer woman. And yet through all of that you see glimpses of her feminine and vulnerable side that lends itself to the sweetest love story.

One last thing to say about the book.... I realized half way through the book that part of the reason I couldn't put it down was that I felt like if I left the book for too long that the story would go right on without me and I would miss it! That's when I know I have a good book; when the story takes on a life of its own and feels like it is happening in real time.

So now you all need to go out and find this book and read it! When you are done, come back and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.

I am reading the sequel "Sarah's Quilt" and then I plan on reading the 3rd: "Star Garden".

Happy Reading! "T.V. will always fail when competing with a good book!"

-Alisha

2 comments:

mE said...

Alisha!!

My library does not have it! Mail me yours! LOL!

I devoured Stephenie Meyers' book, "The Host" in two days.... it was not nearly as good as it could have been, sigh....

I've been loading up books in my "to read" shelf at Goodreads.com but I really need to get back to doing some crafting!

E.

Stampin n da Hood said...

Gotta get it!