Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to the Blog

Well it feels like it has been forever since I created my blog and posted for the first time, but I am back. This summer has been absolutely crazy for me. August is a crazy and expensive month for us. My son Josh and daughter McKenna were both born on August 2nd (six years apart) and my hubby, Rod's birthday is August 5th. My birthday is August 20th. Add in back to school clothes and supplies for 3 of our 4 kids and August becomes more expensive than Christmas.

In addition to all the partying and shopping, we have been using the summer to finish up some family projects. We built, primed, painted and hung shutters on all of our windows on the front of our house. We have 11 windows facing just the front of our house, so that was a big project. Now we are working on window boxes for the 2 windows just above the garage. I also am in the process of working on my scrapbooking room. I found an OLD dresser that I thought would be perfect for storing scrapbook supplies. It was $15 at an estate sale. It needs to be refinished, but it will be a great addition to my scrap room. I also have an old bookshelf that I am going to strip and re-stain and refinish for my scrap room. I tend to thrive on projects. I brought the dresser home while we were still working on the shutters... My hubby just smiled and rolled his eyes. I love that man!

Next week my kiddos start back to school. So I will be working on all of these fun projects. I am saving my pennies for a digital camera, so I will hopefully be able to start taking pictures of all of the cool projects I have going, before and after...

I am hoping to start sharing fun papercrafting tidbits too! Pictures would help...

Am I the only cavewoman who still doesn't have a digital camera?

1 comment:

mE said...

Alisha!

Get outta the cave, woman! lol! Just kidding.... Keep on saving your pennies... that's what I had to do, but it was worth it! You will love having a digicam!

Glad to see that you're getting back to life and have updatd your blog... all that partying in Oregon has got to wear ya out! :)

Love ya!
E.
www.inkysmiles.blogspot.com