Monday, August 27, 2007

Two Days In A Row!

I am back to blog for the second day in a row! I have been busy all day helping kids get their rooms cleaned and organized before they go back to school next week. We have been going through clothes, tossing the ripped and stained ones, putting the "size too small" ones in a bin for donation, etc. We got alot done today! I was so proud of my kids. I also decided to take on a REAL adventure. Zach started sleeping in a big boy bed tonight. He is 22 months old which is a younger age than I have ever started any of my other kids at.... I had to stay by the door and redirect him to bed about 5 or 6 times, but soon it fell silent and he was fast asleep. So the crib is coming down tomorrow! Another milestone! Zach is my last so these milestones are bittersweet! (Mostly sweet because the crib was taken up some valuable space in my scrapbook room!)

Speaking of scrapbook rooms, as I mentioned last night, I have several projects that I am getting ready to start specifically so that I can finish organizing and decorating my scrapbook room. And because I am in that frame of mind right now, I couldn't resist ordering the new book available through Simple Scrapbooks called "The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker." I am dying to receive it! If there is one thing I love to do besides scrapbook and papercraft, it is organizing and decorating! Combine the two loves and I am a dangerous woman. Add in the fact that I absolutely love projects (the kind that involve elbow grease, patience and creativity) and you will find me in the position I find myself in now.... with a LIST of things I need to do to finish my scrapbook room. Here is my list:

  • Strip, sand and refinish dresser.
  • Strip, stain and refinish bookshelf.
  • Add wood molding to my custom made paper shelving and paint.
  • Move crib and other furniture out of my room.
  • Create tags and labels for all of my stuff.
  • Paint the scrapbook room (which is 720 sq feet.... almost as big as my first house)
  • Decorate the walls.
  • Make window treatments.
  • Order my stamper storage ink stak!!!!

Well that's it for now! But knowing myself well, I am sure that I will add more items faster than I check them off! But for me that is half the fun! Oh and by the way I have to admit that monstrous room is not all mine! Half of it is... the other half will have our futon couch, the TV plus DVD and some sort of videogame, and a pool table and fooseball table. So the goal is to have it be a place the family can go for fun. My kids have been very respectful of my supplies and tools so I don't have to have a room that is just for me.

Off to bed. :)

No comments: