Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Creatively Organized

I made myself a planner to fit my needs in the beginning of the year. I have absolutely loved having it! Well I wanted to do something special for my friend Erin and so I made one for her and sent it about 2 months B.C. (before camera). So I didn't get a chance to take pics of hers. If you would like to take a look, she graciously posted pictures of it on her blog: http://inkysmiles.blogspot.com/
The post is titled: Life Is Orderly.


But for now, check out the planner I made for my friend Michelle today. She picked out the yummy American Crafts paper and with such great paper to work with, how could I mess up?


Here is the front. In each of my planners, I have added a clear vinyl layer to the front and back in order to keep it functional and beautiful. The vinyl I use is the clear type that is available at Walmart by the yard (super cheap!). It is used for table clothes and I just use my cutting mat, blade guide and rotary trimmer from my quilting supplies to cut it precisely.


The cover is held in place by the large red brads and the binding. My planner still looks great after 3 months of abuse!





The entire planner is 8.5" x 8.5". I bound it using the Bind It All with white 3/4" wires. Inside there are weekly planner pages and monthly calendar pages. Each monthly calendar page is matted on colored cardstock with one monthly calendar on each side. I then attached some photohangers (from Close To My Heart) with ribbon so that the monthly calendar could be flipped to quickly. The little white clip at the top is from Making Memories and is clipped to the current week to make it easy to find.

At the back of the planner there are two pockets for keeping miscellaneous notes, receipts or loose paper. I made these by cutting a 12"x12" piece of Cardstock down to 8.5"x12" and scoring the 12" side at 8.5" and folding the flap over.










Well I think that is about all of the information, feel free to post questions. I forgot to take a picture of the monthly calendar part but you can find it at Erin Grotegut's blog. A link can be found within this post or to the right side of my blog.



Thanks everyone for looking! I'll be back with more goodies later!

-Alisha




5 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

WaHooo!
You're back in the (sharin) sattle again!
Awesome stuff, Alisha!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Alisah,

I was awarded the Arte y Pico award this week by Barb Hardeman. The idea of the award is to pass it on to 5 other bloggers whom you think are creative and contribute a lot to the blogging community. So I am passing this award on to you because I think your work is amazing.
Check out my most recent blog post.

Hugs,
Lynn

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Excellent projects! I thought you looked familiar...I was in the card contest with you at the last state fair, so after scrolling down through your blog, I saw the Statesman Journal article! We're practically neighbors!

Precious Scraps by Beverly said...

I love the planner, do you sell them? You can respond to preciousscraps@bellsouth.net or I am on the PTI forum under Precious Scraps, you can pm me.
Beverly

Unknown said...

could u design me for ALPHABETZ Stamp...TQ.Pls mail me to
siau_phing@pigpig.net