Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Up late partying with Papertrey Ink

I was up way past my bedtime last night! I was at the party of the month: Papertrey's monthly New Product Release Party! I think I'm a bit exhausted this morning! I hopped into bed a little after midnight, but it was worth it! I spent some time sharing the excitement with the other PI addicts out there and then wandered over to the gallery and checked out all of the great projects everyone did for the April Guest Star Stamper contest. There were some really exceptional things done! I then placed an order for some things I just HAD to have! I am not so tired because I went to bed so late, but when I hopped into bed, my mind was FLOODED with ideas for my new products!

Funny, I haven't even gotten my new products yet, but I have about 4 projects underway (in my mind!) Well I guess I will have to wait to share what is rattling around in my head... so meantime I will post the remainder of the things I submitted for the Guest Star Stamper Contest at Papertrey Ink!

Here is the first card I made. It was made with Papertrey's Boxes, Bags and Tags set. I absolutely love the "interlocking" versatility of the images in this set! The grapevine type weave in the background was made with one circular stamp interlocked with itself. The colors are Aquamist and Spring Moss. The bow was made using a combination of the Everyday Blessings patterned paper and two strips of white organza ribbon. There is layer of vellum over the background to soften it. All products are from Papertrey Ink except the brads, organza ribbon and vellum.


The next card was made using the same set: Boxes, Bags and Tags. I had so much fun exploring (with stamp in hand) how these images could interlock! The background for this card was made with the large flower and snowflake type image. The snowflake image fit perfectly between the petals of the large flower and I was able to create a hexagon tpye pattern. I added the pink center to the flower by using the small flower image. The pattern just seem to need something more... so I used the looped rounded square image that you see in the focal point and stamped around the large flower in Spring Moss. Colors used were Spring Moss, Sweet Blush (from Papertrey Ink) and Chocolate (Close To My Heart).


Okay, last one! This was a little birthday card with a gift card holder inside! Let's start with the front of the card. Again, I loved playing around with the different images to see how they interlocked. But this card was made using the "It's A Celebration" set. The little triangles are the banner image from that set! The colors are Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet, and Sweet Blush.

Now for the inside! I made a little popup present. Originally I was just going to pop up the stamped "present" image from the "It's A Celebration" set. But then I decided to created a gift card holder. So I just wrapped a gift card in the polkadotted patterned paper (Papertrey Ink) and then added a bow (Papertrey Ink ribbon). The finishing touch was the banner behind it. It really tied in the images and paper used on the front.


Well that's all of them. They were so fun to make! I can't wait to get my hands on all of the new stuff!


More to come!


-Alisha

3 comments:

The Ballards said...

Love the cards you made for the contest! Great ideas and thank you for sharing!

Amy B - efridgedoor.blogspot.com

Niki Estes said...

Great cards and congrats on the honorable mention!

Regan said...

Love the patterned paper you made!!!