Sunday, April 13, 2008

Inspired by Spring!



Spring has finally arrived in Oregon! My FAVORITE sign of spring are these puffy light pink trees. I was driving my daughter to school and we saw some of these trees and I told her how much I loved the light pink against the dark brown wood of the trunk. She said that they looked like chocolate cupcakes with fluffy pink frosting! Instant Inspiration!

I had been having so much fun playing with my new Papertrey Ink stamps, inks, papers and ribbons and I knew the perfect card to make! One of the sets I ordered was "It's A Celebration." There are some delicious little cupcake images in this set that I had been dying to use!
Now I had the perfect project to use them on. Here are the results:





I took the cupcake stamps and stamped them in black on a plain piece of paper. I then used my scanner/printer to enlarge the image to the size of a card and used it as a template. The frosting and cake base form two separate flaps that open in the center. I used Papertrey Ink's awesome pink patterned paper to create the frosting and sprinkles. And Bazille textured cardstock was used for the cake base. I used a stylus to create the creases in the cake. The ribbon is from Papertrey Ink also.

Now I have always heard the phrase "You can't have your cake and eat it too." But on your birthday that just can't be true! So I decided to tweek this phrase a bit and use it with my card.

Here is the inside ( the cupcake image is stamped using Papertrey Ink's "It's A Celebration"):



Well I hope everyone one enjoys this little spring inspired birthday card! I have a few more Papertrey Ink projects to share with you later so check back in!


-Alisha

1 comment:

The Batty Bunch said...

What a darling idea. I love your cupcake. Very yummy looking.