Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Having Fun with PTI!

I finally got my Papertrey Ink products on Saturday! That is not to say that Papertrey Ink was slow in shipping.... more that I was so excited to get the new stuff that I was growing VERY impatient! So my blog has been silent for a while because I have been using my spare time to PLAY!!!!

I have so many little projects underway right now.(using my new PTI stuff of course!) A few finished and several that are still under construction! Well today I found my perfect excuse to post something new. I went to Nicole Heady's Blog and found a new post with a card she created layering stamped images to create her own background paper.... Funny... because that is exactly what I have been doing with the products I just received... In fact I had already submitted a card to her Guest Star Stamper file at Papertrey Ink (can't share that one yet...) So after seeing her card and a challenge to create something with our own "homemade" background paper, I felt inspired and ran upstairs to create this:



I started by stamping the large solid polka dots from "Polka Dot Basics" onto white cardstock with the new Summer Sunrise ink. I then added a flower in between each dot using one of the flowers from "Garden of Life" and Lemon Tart ink. The little pink dot was done using the smallest solid dot from the "Polka Dot Basics" set and Berry Sorbet ink. The sentiment is from "Garden of Life" and is stamped in White Daisy from Close To My Heart. Other products used: Berry Sorbet cardstock, Summer Sunrise satin ribbon, a chipboard flower (source unknown) and a pink button (CTMH). All products were from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

I loved how cheery this card turned out. I must say how happy I have been with all of the supplies I have ordered from Papertrey Ink. If you haven't yet, you must check them out!

Hope everyone enjoyed this little card!

Smiles,

Alisha

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh I think yours is the best so far. I just love it and I'm so trying it right now myself. Everyone is so creative today. Cynthia

One Creative Life said...

So cute!! Great job!~Erica

Donelda said...

Alisha, this is so increadibly beautiful!! I love it! It looks like it was purchased in a scrapbook store!! WOW!!!

mE said...

Alisha!!!!

OH MY! I absolutely looooove this card!!!! It's one of my favorites of yours (out of what is posted online) so far!

LOVE IT SISTAH!

Hugs,
mE

Stampin n da Hood said...

me, too!
me, too!
me, tree!